- mackerel - 1 pc.,
- seasonings for fish - 1 tbsp. l.,
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. l.,
- soy sauce - 2 tbsp. l.,
- lemon - 1/3 pcs.,
- salt - 1 pinch,
- fresh dill.
Recipe for mackerel on the grill
1. Of course, for one mackerel do not make fire in the grill. You can first cook meat skewers on skewers, and then quickly bake slices of mackerel on the grill. Then everyone will succeed, both meat lovers and fish lovers will be satisfied. If you plan to exclusively fish menu, then on the grill you can simultaneously place 5-6 cut fish.
2. Mackerel thawed, cut off the head and tail. The abdomen is ripped open and scrubbed. The carcass is washed, cut into large pieces.
3. Pieces of mackerel are placed in a pan, watered with lemon juice.
4. Pour the fish with soy sauce.
5. Sprinkle the mackerel with salt.
6. Standard seasoning for fish consists of dried onions, garlic, red pepper, basil. Finely ground seasoning is not used for marinating before baking on the grill. You should choose dried spices, consisting of large pieces. Pieces of mackerel sprinkled with plenty of spices.
7. Add olive oil. Slices of mackerel are flipped so that they dip into the marinade. The fish is pickled for an hour, the pieces are turned over from time to time. If it’s cool in the room, you can leave the pot of fish on the table.
8. Slices of mackerel spread on the grill, bake for 8-10 minutes, turn the fish on the other side, bake for another 8-10 minutes.
9. In order for the mackerel to have a flavor characteristic of smoked fish, thin “fresh” cherry twigs are thrown onto the hot charcoal.
10. During baking, mackerel is watered with the remains of the marinade. The fish responds quickly to the heat of the barbecue, you just have to gape, as the skin is instantly charred. Marinade dousing avoids such troubles.
11. Mackerel is removed from the grill when the pieces become golden.
12. Mackerels do not need complex sauces, after pickling it has acquired the necessary sharpness. But you need fresh dill, chopped fresh greens perfectly emphasizes the taste of fish baked on the grill.
13. In spring, slices of mackerel can be served with radish and wild garlic leaves, in summer - with the usual cucumber and tomato accompaniment.